Monday, May 21, 2012

Sarah Baker Andrus’s QUICK TIP FOR PARENT CALLS:
If you get a call from a parent/school about the MAILER program and how we got the student's name SAY THIS with empathy and understanding:

"I understand it can be disconcerting to think someone is sharing private information. I'm not personally involved in the direct mail process at our company, but I can tell you that it's likely your son/daughter opted into getting information from companies like ours when s/he bought a year book, a class ring, or a cap & gown. If you'd like to remove Junior's name from the major mailing houses that companies like ours use for direct mail you can go the site 
www.dmaconsumers.org and for instructions on how to do that " Now you are being of service and it feels good!

DO NOT SAY we get names from the schools, because we don't and it will give us a bad name with the school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment